Registered Nurse - ER, Bonus eligible
Emergency Department Registered Nurse
**Bonus Eligible - 2yrs ER Exp, BSN**
We Fight Cancer: Care That Never Quits®
Cancer Treatment Centers of America® (CTCA®) delivers an extraordinary patient experience we call Patient Empowered Care®. We deliver state-of-the-art, high quality care through an integrative model where a team of experts puts patients at the center of their own care. Every day, you will help patients win the fight against cancer. Every day is challenging and rewarding beyond your imagination.
A Culture of Teamwork, Empowerment & Development
CTCA provides Stakeholders with exceptional support and easy access to a wide range of tools and resources they need to bring the best of themselves, every day. Our benefits, wellness, and compensation programs lead the market. Imagine access to your own personal health coach! We also provide extensive training and career development opportunities that encourage professional and personal growth—it is a point of pride. We empower our Stakeholders to deliver the highest standard of care, which we call the Mother Standard®.
The Professional Clinical Registered Nurse practices to provide the Mother Standard of care. Individualized care to the pediatric, adolescent, geriatric and adult patient and family is provided within the realm of relationship based care. An Individualized plan of care is provided; utilizing the nursing process including assessment, diagnosis, planning, implementation and evaluation. Independently guides nursing practice and evaluates patient specific outcomes. Responsible for inspiring and guiding the other qualified patient care team members to ensure clinically excellent outcomes through effective delegation in the exercise of his/her independent judgment. Utilizes effective communication to support a culture of caring and healing in which the patient and family are the central focus. Nursing care address physical, spiritual, emotional and educational needs of the patient, and coordinates the plan of care with other healthcare professional’s patients, support persons and all members of the healthcare team.
Assesses, plans, implements, evaluates and documents the care of emergently ill medical and surgical patients of all ages. Assists with special procedures. Prioritizes the care of critically ill and less acutely ill patients. Directly guides the care delivered by the patient care partners.
- Graduate of NLNAC or CCNE School of Nursing, and licensed in the state of practice
- Bachelor’s Degree in nursing strongly preferred
- OCN Certification within two years of hire
- BLS certification must be maintained while in this position
- ACLS within 6 months of hire, and maintain while in position
- PALS within 6 months of hire, and maintain while in position
- Current general nursing, emergency or critical care experience. Completion of critical care course.
- Minimum of 1 year current experience in hospital or clinical setting as an RN
- National certification in specialty population served
- Demonstrates competence in patient triage and medical screening exams using the established method, within 6 months
- Demonstrates knowledge and use of Vasoactive medications
- Ability to read and operate cardiac monitor , recognize normal/abnormal rhythms , and institute appropriate interventions
- Quickly identifies signs and symptoms of Stroke and Acute Myocardial Infarction and follows appropriate protocols, policies and procedures to ensure goal times are met
- Demonstrates skills to assess and intervene in life-threatening situations
- Attends in house codes and, RRT calls as required
The Best Place to Work
We call ourselves Stakeholders because we all have a stake in the care and success of every patient. Today, CTCA Stakeholders deliver healing and hope to patients fighting complex and advanced cancer in Atlanta, GA, Chicago, IL, Philadelphia, PA, Phoenix, AZ and Tulsa, OK. Each of our hospitals earned a Best Place to Work distinction and receives numerous accreditations that celebrate our culture of clinical quality, innovation, high performance and wellness.
Beyond The Resume, What We Look For
We select people with talent—people who thrive in an environment of continuous improvement. We are creative and resourceful problem solvers. We are inventors and innovators. As a CTCA Stakeholder, you make the difference in the life of a patient.
Do you see yourself working with a passionate team in a dynamic, high growth environment? Visit www.cancercenter.com/careers to begin your journey.