Sr Storage Engineer - IS - Full Time
Sr Storage Engineer – IS – Full Time
We Fight Cancer: Care That Never Quits®
Cancer Treatment Centers of America® (CTCA®) delivers an extraordinary patient experience we call Patient Empowered Care®. We deliver state-of-the-art, high quality care through an integrative model where a team of experts puts patients at the center of their own care. Every day is purposeful. Every day, you will help patients win the fight against cancer. Every day is challenging and rewarding beyond your imagination.
A Culture Of Teamwork, Empowerment & Development
CTCA provides Stakeholders with exceptional support and easy access to a wide range of tools and resources they need to bring the best of themselves, every day. Our benefits, wellness, and compensation programs lead the market. Imagine accessing your own personal health coach! We also provide extensive training and career development opportunities that encourage professional and personal growth—it is a point of pride. Those are just a few of the ways we empower our Stakeholders to deliver the highest standard of care that we call the Mother Standard®.
The Senior Storage Engineer is responsible for effective design, coordination, installation/configuration, and developing Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) for Storage Area Network (SAN) hardware/software and related enterprise backup and recovery infrastructure. Implementation of enterprise storage systems to include high-availability, redundancy, and supporting the organization disaster recovery and business continuity requirements. Provides technical research and development to enable continuing innovation within the storage infrastructure. This individual works closely with peers and the Principal Storage Engineer to ensure that the storage hardware, operating systems, monitoring systems, and related procedures adhere to organizational requirements and SOPs. The Senior Storage Engineer may have two or more focuses within disciplines of enterprise storage systems, storage replication technologies, backup and recovery tools and management technologies; Shell scripting, storage sub-system performance and fault monitoring systems. This position provides next escalation point for Operations personnel and is responsible for providing timely response and diagnosis of issues directly or remotely .When necessary may also adjust work hours to perform tasks at times least impactful to customers.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or Computer Information or equivalent experience in the appropriate fields is required.
- 5+ years of experience supporting storage, backup and recovery infrastructure, and storage virtualization infrastructure in an Enterprise environment
- EMC Certifications: EMCSA, EMCDCA/EMCCA or similar preferred
- Systems Certifications: VCP, MCSA or similar preferred
- Recovery Certifications: EMC Avamar EMCSA or similar preferred
- IT experience within a multi-facility healthcare organization is preferred.
- Advanced understanding of EMC enterprise storage systems, performance management, Unisphere storage management, and server side storage management agent configuration and troubleshooting.
- Subject matter expert within two or more focused areas, such as EMC VMAX, EMC VNX, EMC VPLEX, EMC Avamar, EMC Isilon, EMC Data Domain, EMC RecoverPoint, EMC XtremIO, EMC ViPR, storage performance monitoring, PowerShell scripting of storage systems using VMAX-CLI.
- Experience using help desk software such as Remedy
- Advanced understanding of FC, FCoE, iSCSI connectivity, multipathing and SAN Zoning with the ability to troubleshoot misconfiguration issues.Advanced understanding of Ethernet Trunking and File Protocols (e.g.; CIFS, FTP, NFS)
- Proficient with Visio drawings, Microsoft Office Suite, and technical documentation of network systems.
- Knowledge and hands on experience with VMware vSphere 5/6; Microsoft Server 2008/2012
- Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
- Performs troubleshooting as required. As such, leads problem-solving efforts often involving outside vendors and other support personnel and/or organizations.
- Must possess a strong business perspective in order to convey technology concepts and solutions that will satisfy the business requirements.
- Developing solutions that are cost conscious, while being technically sound and supporting business requirements.
- Self-motivated with ability to work with minimal direction to prioritize and execute tasks.
- Demonstrated leadership including previous performance as a highly effective team member and team leader.
- Team-building and mentoring of others.
The Best Place to Work
We call ourselves Stakeholders because we all have a stake in the care and success of every patient. Today, CTCA Stakeholders deliver healing and hope to patients fighting complex and advanced cancer in Atlanta, GA, Chicago, IL, Philadelphia, PA, Phoenix, AZ and Tulsa, OK. Each of our hospitals earned a Best Place to Work distinction and receives numerous accreditations that celebrate our culture of clinical quality, innovation, high performance and wellness. CTCA Stakeholders form the team of experts who deliver evidence-based clinical therapies, supported by state-of-the art technology and whole person support, including nutrition, mind-body medicine and naturopathic medicine, among many others. We never stop fighting and we always care for each patient as a whole person.
Beyond The Resume, What We Look For
We select people with talent—people who thrive in an environment of continuous improvement. We are creative and resourceful problem solvers. We are inventors and innovators. We are fighters at heart and we look for people who delight serving patients. The power, determination and beauty of the human spirit will enrich and energize you. As a CTCA Stakeholder, you make the difference in the life of a patient.