Coder - Hospital
We Fight Cancer: Care That Never Quits®
Cancer Treatment Centers of America® (CTCA®) delivers an extraordinary patient experience we call Patient Empowered Care®. We deliver state-of-the-art, high quality care through an integrative model where a team of experts puts patients at the center of their own care. Every day, you will help patients win the fight against cancer. Every day is challenging and rewarding beyond your imagination.
A Culture of Teamwork, Empowerment & Development
CTCA provides Stakeholders with exceptional support and easy access to a wide range of tools and resources they need to bring the best of themselves, every day. Our benefits, wellness, and compensation programs lead the market. Imagine access to your own personal health coach! We also provide extensive training and career development opportunities that encourage professional and personal growth—it is a point of pride. We empower our Stakeholders to deliver the highest standard of care, which we call the Mother Standard®.
Documentation assessment and review of medical record documentation and charges on facility accounts in order to assign the appropriate ICD-10-CM diagnosis and/or procedure codes, as well as CPT4 procedure codes to individual health information for data retrieval, analysis and claims processing. DRG and/or APC assignment analysis to accurately reflect the diagnosis and procedures documented. Accurate abstracting of clinical data to meet regulatory and compliance requirements. Verifying key indicators to the finance software of the electronic health record. In absence of appropriate documentation, will seek out or query physicians for complete clarification. Assist management with assigned special projects which may include training and education as needed.
- Graduate of an approved Health Information Technology /Management program Certification as Registered Health Information Technician (RHIT) or receive RHIT certification within 6 months of graduation, Registered Health Information Administrator (RHIA), or Certified Coding Specialist (CCS) required.
- At least 5 (five) years of coding experience with knowledge of ICD-10-CM diagnostic/ procedural codes and CPT 4.
- ICD10 Trainer certificate preferred.
- Experience with charge entry and knowledge of Charge Description Master (CDM).
- Experience with 3M encoder and eCharms abstracting systems preferred.
- Experience coding both manually using coding books, as well as with an electronic encoder program preferred.
- Familiar with TJC and state regulations
- Knowledge of cancer specialty medicine.
- Working knowledge of the revenue cycle, charge master driven vs. manual code assignment, revenue codes.
- Must have strong knowledge of current regulatory agency requirements for coding and charging for services, as well as a good understanding of reimbursement methodologies.
- Strong attention to detail, excellent analytical and communication skills.
- Must have knowledge of anatomy and physiology, medical terminology, surgical terminology and pharmacological terminology.
- Knowledge of Discharge Hospital Data Report requirements for Hospitals.
The Best Place to Work
We call ourselves Stakeholders because we all have a stake in the care and success of every patient. Today, CTCA Stakeholders deliver healing and hope to patients fighting complex and advanced cancer in Atlanta, GA, Chicago, IL, Philadelphia, PA, Phoenix, AZ and Tulsa, OK. Each of our hospitals earned a Best Place to Work distinction and receives numerous accreditations that celebrate our culture of clinical quality, innovation, high performance and wellness.
Beyond The Resume, What We Look For
We select people with talent—people who thrive in an environment of continuous improvement. We are creative and resourceful problem solvers. We are inventors and innovators. As a CTCA Stakeholder, you make the difference in the life of a patient.
Do you see yourself working with a passionate team in a dynamic, high growth environment? Visit www.cancercenter.com/careers to begin your journey.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 15457