Director, Technical Lead
Cancer Treatment Centers of America® (CTCA®) takes a unique and integrative approach to cancer care. Our patient-centered care model is founded on a commitment to personalized medicine, tailoring a combination of treatments to the needs of each individual patient. At the same time, we support patients’ quality of life by offering therapies designed to help them manage the side effects of treatment, addressing their physical, spiritual and emotional needs, so they are better able to stay on their treatment regimens and get back to life. At the core of our whole-person approach is what we call the Mother Standard® of care, so named because it requires that we treat our patients, and one another, like we would want our loved ones to be treated. This innovative approach has earned our hospitals a Best Place to Work distinction and numerous accreditations. Each of us has a stake in the successful outcomes of every patient we treat. Job Description:
Cancer care is all we do
Hope in healing
Director, Technical Lead directs and oversees the software engineering function in developing, releasing, and maintaining software applications/services according to business needs. Establishes policies and procedures that produce high quality software products and services. The Director manages a CTCA vertical within the broader CTCA commercial function. The Director is responsible for working on their own cadence, managing a product backlog in conjunction with Business Owner, and releasing software regularly. Director is responsible for attracting and retaining stakeholders.
Develop technically superior products and services for CTCA Health
- Help teams make sound technical decisions grounded in data
- Put in place processes (e.g., peer code reviews, coding standards, etc.) that ensure that high quality software is consistently produced
- Select and ensure adoption of best in class developer tools
- Ensure that all team members (including yourself) are comfortable with taking ownership for uptime, business continuity, and understand that they may be called after hours to support code they developed
Ensure that CTCA Health’s Product Team consistently deliver value
- Overall accountability for the development team’s ability to deliver regular (i.e., daily, weekly) product updates to production using DevOps
- Provide oversight to ensure the team is delivering according to organizational expectations
- Establishes overall information systems goals and metrics used by operating teams
- Set objectives (with dates and key results), and regular reviews of team against those objectives with a focus on accountability
Recruit, Develop, and Retain Top People
- Build out an awesome best-in-class information systems culture!
- Manage onshore, offshore, contract, and partner personnel
- Mentor staff, oversee team career development
- Put in place a "can-do" information systems culture; hold teams accountable when sprints are missed; reward them when they make it.
Maintain knowledge of modern software development techniques in a healthcare environment. Topics include:
- Secure computing (working with PHI)
- Cloud computing
- Serverless computing
- Big data
Skills, Education and Additional Information
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Math, or Engineering or at least ten years working as a professional software developer is required.
- Master’s degree and / or MBA is desirable.
- 3 years’ experience working as a director or senior manager in an organization working with patient health records (i.e., PHI data) is required.
- Expert-level knowledge of DevOps practices
- Experience leading remote teams - including those out-side of the United States is highly desirable
- Demonstrated ability to write code in one or more modern programming languages
- Knowledge of modern software/data architectures and implementation patterns (i.e., cloud computing)
- Exceptional communications skills both verbal and written
Each CTCA employee is a Stakeholder, driven to make a true difference and help win the fight against cancer. Each day is a challenge, but this unique experience comes with rewards that you may never have thought possible. To ensure each team member brings his or her best self, we offer exceptional support and immersive training to encourage your personal and professional growth. If you’re ready to be part of something bigger and work with a passionate, dynamic group of care professionals, we invite you to join us. Visit: Jobs.cancercenter.com to begin your journey.
We win together
Visit: Jobs.cancercenter.com to begin your journey.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: JR-01718