IR RN FT
Cancer care is all we do
Hope in healing
Cancer Treatment Centers of America® (CTCA), part of City of Hope, takes a unique and integrative approach to cancer care. Our patient-centered care model is founded on a commitment to personalized medicine, tailoring a combination of treatments to the needs of each individual patient. At the same time, we support patients’ quality of life by offering therapies designed to help them manage the side effects of treatment, addressing their physical, spiritual and emotional needs, so they are better able to stay on their treatment regimens and get back to life. At the core of our whole-person approach is what we call the Mother Standard® of care, so named because it requires that we treat our patients, and one another, like we would want our loved ones to be treated. This innovative approach has earned our hospitals a Best Place to Work distinction and numerous accreditations. Each of us has a stake in the successful outcomes of every patient we treat.
The Professional Clinical Registered Nurse practices to provide the Mother Standard of care. Individualized care to the geriatric and adult patient and family is provided within the realm of relationship-based care. An Individualized plan of care is provided; utilizing the nursing process including assessment, diagnosis, planning, implementation and evaluation. Independently guides nursing practice and evaluates patient specific outcomes. Responsible for inspiring to ensure clinically excellent outcomes through effective delegation in the exercise of his/her independent judgement. Utilizes effective communication to support a culture of caring and healing in which the patient and family are the central focus. Nursing care address physical, spiritual, emotional and educational needs of the patient, and coordinates the plan of care with other healthcare professional’s patients, support persons and all members of the healthcare team. Acts in compliance with enterprise policies/procedures and the Nurse Practice Act of the State of Illinois and in alignment with the nursing mission, vision, and values. Follows the enterprise nursing philosophy and the Empowered for Excellence (E2) nursing professional practice model which are derived from the Benner model and Jean Watson’s Theory of Caring.
Interventional Radiology Registered Nurse
Assists physicians by providing pre-procedural, intra-procedural, and post-procedural care with special procedures in the lab. Accurately & promptly implements physician's orders, scrubs (if trained), circulates, and records all cases performed in the lab, and assists with the immediate recovery of patients. Ensures accurate hand off to recovering area and assists in transferring patients to other hospitals directly from the lab, if necessary. Provides nursing support in other areas as needed and remains competent.
- Graduate of NLNAC or CCNE School of Nursing, and licensed in the state of practice
- OCN Certification within 18 months of hire or 36 total CE in Oncology every Commission of Cancer cycle of three years with completion of 12 CE every year (Surgical Services exempt)
- BLS upon hire and certification must be maintained while in this position
- ACLS upon hire or obtained by end of orientation period, and maintain while in position
- Telemetry-Recognize cardiac arrhythmias and institute appropriate interventions
- Competent in monitoring and administration of Moderate Sedation during IR procedures
- Recovers MAC local patients when PACU not available
- Bachelor’s Degree in nursing (BSN) strongly preferred
- 1-2 years of acute care experience
- Ultrasound guided IV insertion/Phlebotomy experience
- Required to take "scheduled on call" status
- Able to work flexible hours
- Labels specimens properly and takes to area for transfer to Lab
- Knowledge of appropriate anatomy, particularly peripheral anatomy
- Knowledge of coronary and peripheral blood vessels and blood flow (venous and arterial)
AGE SPECIFIC COMPETENCY (As appropriate for site and dependent upon the population served)
Each CTCA employee is a Stakeholder, driven to make a true difference and help win the fight against cancer. Each day is a challenge, but this unique experience comes with rewards that you may never have thought possible. To ensure each team member brings his or her best self, we offer exceptional support and immersive training to encourage your personal and professional growth. If you’re ready to be part of something bigger and work with a passionate, dynamic group of care professionals, we invite you to join us. Visit: Jobs.cancercenter.com to begin your journey.
We win together
Each CTCA employee is a Stakeholder, driven to make a true difference and help win the fight against cancer. Each day is a challenge, but this unique experience comes with rewards that you may never have thought possible. To ensure each team member brings his or her best self, we offer exceptional support and immersive training to encourage your personal and professional growth. If you’re ready to be part of something bigger and work with a passionate, dynamic group of care professionals, we invite you to join us.
Visit: Jobs.cancercenter.com to begin your journey.