RN - FT Stem Cell
Cancer Treatment Centers of America® (CTCA®) takes a unique and integrative approach to cancer care. Our patient-centered care model is founded on a commitment to personalized medicine, tailoring a combination of treatments to the needs of each individual patient. At the same time, we support patients’ quality of life by offering therapies designed to help them manage the side effects of treatment, addressing their physical, spiritual and emotional needs, so they are better able to stay on their treatment regimens and get back to life. At the core of our whole-person approach is what we call the Mother Standard® of care, so named because it requires that we treat our patients, and one another, like we would want our loved ones to be treated. This innovative approach has earned our hospitals a Best Place to Work distinction and numerous accreditations. Each of us has a stake in the successful outcomes of every patient we treat. Job Description:
Cancer care is all we do
Hope in healing
Hours: 7am - 7:30pm, rotating wknds/holidays
The Professional Clinical Registered Nurse practices to provide the Mother Standard of care. Individualized care to the geriatric and adult patient and family is provided within the realm of relationship based care. An Individualized plan of care is provided; utilizing the nursing process including assessment, diagnosis, planning, implementation and evaluation. Independently guides nursing practice and evaluates patient specific outcomes. Responsible for inspiring to ensure clinically excellent outcomes through effective delegation in the exercise of his/her independent judgment. Utilizes effective communication to support a culture of caring and healing in which the patient and family are the central focus. Nursing care address physical, spiritual, emotional and educational needs of the patient, and coordinates the plan of care with other healthcare professional’s patients, support persons and all members of the healthcare team. Acts in compliance with enterprise policies/procedures and the Nurse Practice Act of the State. Follows the enterprise nursing philosophy and the Empowered for Excellence (E2) nursing professional practice model which are derived from the Benner model and Jean Watson’s Theory of Caring.
Stem Cell RN
Assesses, plans, implements, evaluates and documents the care of hematology/oncology, stem cell transplant & ambulatory care patients. Assists with special procedures. Directs the care delivered by patient care technicians and other members of the healthcare team.
- Current IL RN License
- BSN strongly preferred
- ACLS & BLS Certified, and maintain while in position
- Critical Care/telemetry experience or telemetry competency within 6 months of hire
- Critical Care experience or completes critical care course within 12 months of hire
- ONS chemotherapy certification within 12 months
- Oncology and/or Critical Care Nursing Experience.
- National certification in bone marrow transplant (BMTCN), CCRN, or OCN
- Demonstrate basic knowledge of procedures, treatments, and equipment
- Demonstrate basic knowledge and care of complex medical hematology/oncology, stem cell transplant or critical care patients.
- Maintain competency in:
- Caring for patients with complex needs including hemodynamically compromised and mechanically ventilated patients
- Initiating and maintain complex IV therapy , including thrombolytic administration, vasoactive medications, central IV catheters, dialysis catheters & arterial lines
Each CTCA employee is a Stakeholder, driven to make a true difference and help win the fight against cancer. Each day is a challenge, but this unique experience comes with rewards that you may never have thought possible. To ensure each team member brings his or her best self, we offer exceptional support and immersive training to encourage your personal and professional growth. If you’re ready to be part of something bigger and work with a passionate, dynamic group of care professionals, we invite you to join us. Visit: Jobs.cancercenter.com to begin your journey.
We win together
Visit: Jobs.cancercenter.com to begin your journey.