Stem Cell RN Days
About City of Hope
City of Hope is an independent biomedical research and treatment organization for cancer, diabetes and other life-threatening diseases.
Founded in 1913, City of Hope is a leader in bone marrow transplantation and immunotherapy such as CAR T cell therapy. City of Hope’s translational research and personalized treatment protocols advance care throughout the world. Human synthetic insulin, monoclonal antibodies and numerous breakthrough cancer drugs are based on technology developed at the institution. AccessHope, a subsidiary launched in 2019 serves employers and their health care partners by providing access to City of Hope’s specialized cancer expertise.
A National Cancer Institute-designated comprehensive cancer center and a founding member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, City of Hope is ranked among the nation’s "Best Hospitals" in cancer by U.S. News & World Report and received Magnet Recognition from the American Nurses Credentialing Center. Its main campus is located near Los Angeles, with additional locations throughout Southern California, Arizona, Illinois and Georgia.
**$5,000 Sign On Bonus**
Day shift 3 12's
The Professional Clinical Registered Nurse practices to provide the Mother Standard of care. Individualized care to the geriatric and adult patient and family is provided within the realm of relationship-based care. An Individualized plan of care is provided, utilizing the nursing process including assessment, diagnosis, planning, implementation and evaluation. Independently guides nursing practice and evaluates patient specific outcomes. Responsible for inspiring to ensure clinically excellent outcomes through effective delegation in the exercise of his/her independent judgement. Utilizes effective communication to support a culture of caring and healing in which the patient and family are the central focus. Nursing care address physical, spiritual, emotional and educational needs of the patient, and coordinates the plan of care with other healthcare professional’s patients, support persons and all members of the healthcare team. Acts in compliance with enterprise policies/procedures and the Nurse Practice Act of the State of Illinois and in alignment with the nursing mission, vision, and values. Follows the enterprise nursing philosophy and the Empowered for Excellence (E2) nursing professional practice model which are derived from the Benner model and Jean Watson’s Theory of Caring.
Stem Cell Transplant Unit Registered Nurse
Assesses, plans, implements, evaluates and documents the care of hematology/oncology, stem cell transplant & ambulatory care patients. Assists with special procedures. Directs the care delivered by patient care technicians and other members of the healthcare team.
Minimal Required Attributes:
- Graduate of NLNAC or CCNE School of Nursing, and licensed in the state of practice
- OCN Certification within 18 months of hire or 36 total CE in Oncology every Commission of Cancer cycle of three years with completion of 12 CE every year (Surgical Services exempt)
- ACLS upon hire or obtained by end of orientation period, and maintain while in position
- BLS upon hire and certification must be maintained while in this position
- Critical Care/telemetry experience or telemetry competency within 6 months of hire
- Critical Care experience or completes in-house critical care courses 12 months of hire
- ONS Chemotherapy/Biotherapy certified within 6 months of hire
- ONS BMT course completion within 12 months of hire
- ICU experience
Preferred Attributes: National certification in specialty population served
- Bachelor’s Degree in nursing strongly preferred
- Ultrasound guided IV insertion/Phlebotomy Experience
- Oncology Certified (OCN)
- Moderate Sedation Experience
AGE SPECIFIC COMPETENCY (As appropriate for site and dependent upon the population served)
- Demonstrate basic knowledge of procedures, treatments, and equipment
- Demonstrate basic knowledge and care of complex medical hematology/oncology, stem cell transplant or critical care patients.
Maintain competency in:
- Caring for patients with complex needs including hemodynamically compromised and mechanically ventilated patients
- Initiating and maintain complex IV therapy, including thrombolytic administration, vasoactive medications, central IV catheters, dialysis catheters & arterial lines
- Safe use of less invasive, life supporting modalities i.e. BiPAP, ETCO2, arterial pressure-based CO/CI & SVO2 monitor, core temperature monitors
- Caring for autologous & allogeneic transplant patients, stem cell collection, & ECP patients
- Attend In-House Code Blue and Rapid Response Calls, as required
- Recognize cardiac arrhythmias and notify physician
Pay Range$30.97 - $51.02
Placement within the identified pay range is based on individual and market factors including, but not limited to, experience, education, credentials (including licenses and certifications), geographic location, market competition, skill set (including market availability of required skills), assigned/anticipated job tasks, and level of responsibility. These factors are considered without regard to an individual’s status as a member of any protect group pursuant to federal, state, and/or local law.
City of Hope’s commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
We believe diversity, equity and inclusion is key in serving our mission to provide compassionate patient care, drive innovative discovery, and advance vital education focused on eliminating cancer and diabetes in all of our communities. Our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion ensures we bring the full range of skills, perspectives, cultural backgrounds, and experiences to our work -- and that our teams align with the people we serve in order to build trust and understanding. We are dedicated to fostering a community that embraces diversity - in ideas, backgrounds, and perspectives; this is reflected in our work and represented in our people.
Visit: Jobs.cancercenter.com to begin your journey.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: JR-09635