Surgery RN FT
Cancer care is all we do
Hope in healing
Cancer Treatment Centers of America® (CTCA), part of City of Hope, takes a unique and integrative approach to cancer care. Our patient-centered care model is founded on a commitment to personalized medicine, tailoring a combination of treatments to the needs of each individual patient. At the same time, we support patients’ quality of life by offering therapies designed to help them manage the side effects of treatment, addressing their physical, spiritual and emotional needs, so they are better able to stay on their treatment regimens and get back to life. At the core of our whole-person approach is what we call the Mother Standard® of care, so named because it requires that we treat our patients, and one another, like we would want our loved ones to be treated. This innovative approach has earned our hospitals a Best Place to Work distinction and numerous accreditations. Each of us has a stake in the successful outcomes of every patient we treat.
The Professional Clinical Registered Nurse practices to provide the Mother Standard of care. Individualized care to the geriatric and adult patient and family is provided within the realm of relationship-based care. An Individualized plan of care is provided; utilizing the nursing process including assessment, diagnosis, planning, implementation and evaluation. Independently guides nursing practice and evaluates patient specific outcomes. Responsible for inspiring to ensure clinically excellent outcomes through effective delegation in the exercise of his/her independent judgement. Utilizes effective communication to support a culture of caring and healing in which the patient and family are the central focus. Nursing care address physical, spiritual, emotional and educational needs of the patient, and coordinates the plan of care with other healthcare professional’s patients, support persons and all members of the healthcare team. Acts in compliance with enterprise policies/procedures and the Nurse Practice Act of the State of Illinois and in alignment with the nursing mission, vision, and values. Follows the enterprise nursing philosophy and the Empowered for Excellence (E2) nursing professional practice model which are derived from the Benner model and Jean Watson’s Theory of Caring.
Surgical Services-OR Registered Nurse
Keeps patients safe & calm while assisting physicians during operative procedures in the operating suites and endoscopy suite. Provides immediate pre-operative, intra-operative and immediate post -operative nursing care in a calm, efficient manner. Accurately & promptly implements physician's orders. Scrubs (if trained), circulates & records all cases & helps with the immediate recovery of patients. Ensures accurate hand off to recovering area. Provides nursing support in other areas as needed.
Minimal Required Attributes:
- Graduate of NLNAC or CCNE School of Nursing, and licensed in the state of practice
- OCN Certification within 18 months of hire or 36 total CE in Oncology every Commission of Cancer cycle of three years with completion of 12 CE every year (Surgical Services exempt)
- BLS certification must be maintained while in this position
- ACLS upon hire or obtained by end of orientation period, and maintain while in position
Preferred Attributes: National certification in specialty population served
- 1-2 years of acute care experience
- 2 years current hospital clinical nursing experience
- Prior Operating Room experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in nursing (BSN) strongly preferred
- Ability to respond to the hospital in 60 minutes when assigned
- Able to work flexible hours
- Required to take "scheduled on call" status
- Verifies correct sponge, tape, needle and instrument count with other nursing personnel in room
- Labels specimens properly and takes to area for transfer to Lab
- Recognizes safety hazards and initiates appropriate corrective action
- Applies knowledge of surgical anatomy, physiology, and operative technique relative to operative procedure
- Performs positioning, prepping, and draping of patient
Each CTCA employee is a Stakeholder, driven to make a true difference and help win the fight against cancer. Each day is a challenge, but this unique experience comes with rewards that you may never have thought possible. To ensure each team member brings his or her best self, we offer exceptional support and immersive training to encourage your personal and professional growth. If you’re ready to be part of something bigger and work with a passionate, dynamic group of care professionals, we invite you to join us. Visit: Jobs.cancercenter.com to begin your journey.
We win together
Each CTCA employee is a Stakeholder, driven to make a true difference and help win the fight against cancer. Each day is a challenge, but this unique experience comes with rewards that you may never have thought possible. To ensure each team member brings his or her best self, we offer exceptional support and immersive training to encourage your personal and professional growth. If you’re ready to be part of something bigger and work with a passionate, dynamic group of care professionals, we invite you to join us.
Visit: Jobs.cancercenter.com to begin your journey.